My businessman friend is looking for short cuts to trading ,can you help?

I got a mail from one of  the blog's readers, he wants to help his friend who is looking for premium service provider and doesnt have time to put in learing the do's and don'ts of trading

Excerpts from my reply are as follows
hi

First coming to your friend's problem..I think if he doesn't want to do some hard work or even get some basic information about stocks...he should not put money in any stocks.I truely understand his inclination towards stocks...that's because we are in a bull market and the returns that the market gave  last year (100 % approximately)... will surely be more than the margin he makes in his business (even if its a successful business)...so he wants to try out his luck in stocks,he has some extra cash to burn and ready to lose money
He is in stage one of development of trader ....and will find one or the other way to BLOW his trading account soon...we all do that ...so only you can save him...If markets reaches all time highs...he will not even listen to your advice and jump in!!
What he can do is invest money in his own business...because he knows the pros and cons of it ...and he will be a master of his business....so why not put money in something he knows well...
If he still wants to put money in stocks...he should take up mutual funds...(I am strongly against mutual fund...because I can manage my money better than Mutual Funds...and investing in stocks is more convenient for me than Mutual Funds)
But mutual funds are tricky and timing is required in them too....so what he can do is put money when market corrects 10,30,50 percent from top....in three tranches...more money in percentage terms as market goes down...he can use same percentage (10,30.50.) of his total "extra" money...which he will not require for next 3 years...This is just a crude money management formula(I will come up with a better one in future)...basic thing is put money when price are low...buy low sell high kind of a strategy
So will the market correct 50 percent?...yes...and may be not for years(this is his basic set up to invest)...patience is required here...he need to have some quality at least to be successful...if hard work is not there... atlest patience should be...

http://new.valueresearchonline.com/default.asp

Check out this site...very good site for mutual funds' performance
See how badly they perform in bear markets and how well they do in bull markets check out 1, 2, 3 and 5 year performance
Why such kind of volatility in their performance?...they are supposed to be good money managers...well they are always invested type investors...so their performance goes up and down as per markets movement..do a comparative analysis between market's performance and mutual fund's performance...you will see some interesting facts..this is one of my favorites weekend activities!!

I dont know any good premium service provider,I never used them
If I was in his position I would invest in my own business...just as I do it now(trading is my business and I know it very well),if I have money I will put in stocks...not open a restaurant as I don't know anything about it (or gain information about it's operation,before I set up that business)

Important thing is don't use anybody's call...and if you do ...at lest don't sell your house and put money in anybody's calls...even if it's Warren Buffet's advice....because we all have different perceptions of money, our  capital, markets and above all our  expectations...that's why we fail in following calls give by anyone else ,no matter how talented that person may be .

Good luck.
Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anuj,
    download teamview and install... add me on yahoo msngr : navnit_t

    rest will do the needful

    ReplyDelete
  2. @
    added you id navnit_t@yahoo.com?
    I will see you after some time will be online
    What is teamview?
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anuj,
    Teamview is desktop sharing utility.. google , download and install. Off mkt hours are occupied with other things of life.. will be avlbe at 9.30 pm to 11.. will do the needful during that time.
    Ciao,
    Navnit

    ReplyDelete